The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) plays a unique and vital role in improving care for seriously ill Californians. We understand that changing the model for end-of-life care involves not only families and healthcare providers, but also public policymakers.
Policy and Legislation
To accomplish our mission—to promote high-quality, compassionate care for all seriously ill Californians—CCCC engages in a variety of activities such as tracking legislation and educating policy makers for changes that increase access to palliative medicine and quality, compassionate care.
- Serving as a resource for policymakers who want accurate, objective information about good end-of-life care, and
- Providing our members with the latest information on state legislation and policies related to palliative medicine and end-of-life care.
Get CCCC Public Policy updates sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Public Policy email from your Account Preferences.
Stay up-to-date with the latest data and information regarding advance care planning, palliative medicine and end-of-life care. The following resources highlight some of the recent research done on these topics.
Have further questions? Need more information? Contact us for more information.
National Healthcare Decisions Day
On April 16, join Americans across the country and talk to others about your future healthcare decisions – and complete your advance directive! Learn more at National Healthcare Decisions Day. What can you do in your community to promote National Healthcare Decisions Day?
- Town Hall Meetings: Host a Town Hall meeting and invite residents, neighbors, family members and local elected officials to discuss advance care planning. Check out our Advance Care Planning resources that you can bring with you.
- Health Fairs: Get your local hospitals, clinics, physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacies and other suppliers together for a community health fair. Set up a table with community resources and advance directives to hand out.
- Small Group Meetings: Host a “Talking It Over” discussion by a trained facilitator to help people talk with their loved ones about end-of-life wishes. Contact a coalition in your area to help facilitate a meeting and don’t forget to provide advance directives and other resources.
- Press Conferences: Has your legislator sponsored a resolution for National Healthcare Decisions Day? Host a press conference where they can present the resolution. Or, invite this legislator to one of the events you are hosting listed above, and have them present the resolution there!